Friday, May 21, 2010

How can I save Windows printer driver setup to a disk or flash drive?

I want to be able to install a driver, and then copy the correctly setup driver to a flash disk or cd, etc., so I can install it into a computer without running an install program. This is so that once I have all the parameters set up, I can install it exactly the same in other computers without having to enter all the info, such as paper size, form gap and so forth.

How can I save Windows printer driver setup to a disk or flash drive?
Good luck. It will depend on the printer. I have never seen one where you can save the settings. You would have to find out what all of the registry settings are for the printer and export those specifically and import them into the next computer. This will take some real know how and would not be an answer you could give without knowing the specific printer. A tool like regmon would help you identify the registry keys that are accessed to store the settings. Otherwise a program like filemon would help you figure out where all of the settings are saved if for some weird reason they are save to a file on the computer which I doubt.


No comments:

Post a Comment