Monday, May 24, 2010

Is there a universal USB Flash Driver driver that I can install for Windows XP?

I got a retarded usb flash drive and it won't work. Don't try to help me I already posted for help and everything that people reply to me it doesn't help. I know its my dumb *** computer because the flash drives work perfectly fine on others. I just need a software that will allow my WINDOWS XP to recognize my USB Flash drives. I tried going to their websites but those are only for WINDOWS 98 and won't allow me to download them.

Is there a universal USB Flash Driver driver that I can install for Windows XP?
XP comes with the drivers for generic USB flash drives installed.





Does windows SEE the drive when you connect it ? DO you get the new hardware wizard ?





In device manager, right click the USB root hub, and select delete, repeat for other USB devices, as it sounds like the USB subsytem is screwed up.





UNPLUG USB devices and reboot the PC





Once restarted and the "founf hardware" wirard goes away after refinding the USB hardware, try inserting the card again.





Also if you still have the motherboard manual, make sure you have the CORRECT usb drivers





Failing that reinstall windows to refresh the driver set in XP
Reply:If this XP is one you installed it is more than likely that the usb drivers were not loaded up.





Go to control panel, them system icon and open it, then device manager. Check the list to see if anything is missing.





Have you tried drivers guide com and tried their new scan program to locate the drivers?


No comments:

Post a Comment