Monday, May 24, 2010

How would I go about making a Loading Bar in Macromedia Flash?

On one file, I already have a flash page saying now loading and I need to make a loading bar. I have made one before, which is simple but there was one layer called 'contents' which it goes about loading that one frame (which contained a 150kb picture), this was in the tutorial. But my other file has many other layers and frames, not just one. How would I go about making a loading bar that would load the contents from another flash file I have created?

How would I go about making a Loading Bar in Macromedia Flash?
well there is two different ways... if the other movie is large %26gt;500kb, you should use:





movieClipLoader with listeners like onLoadProgress to check the loading, which can then be tied to a loading bar with percents and the ._xscale command





if it is a smaller movie, simply use the loadMovie command, because that should take too long to load(unless you're on dial-up or something)





btw, it doesnt matter how many layers or frames the movie has when you're trying to load it, you should be loading the .swf into the other flash movie
Reply:Here's a tutorial I did and worked pretty well:





http://www.webwasp.co.uk/tutorials/b05-p...





Hope that helps.

flowers delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment